Wholesaler and distributor investment in systems within the four walls has led to near error-free order picking, faster throughput and improved productivity. Yet once outside the four walls, many wholesale distributors come face-to-face with supply chain visibility issues, rising transportation costs, and demanding delivery rules that impact already tight margins. The solution? Leverage LeanTMS® transportation technology for complete visibility and fast ROI with minimal risk.
Offering significant benefits throughout the supply chain, SaaS TMS delivers:
- Complete visibility: Real time knowledge of all activities, together with accurate shipment information; inbound, outbound, in-transit inventory
- Reduced inventory, increased turns and improved lead-time dependability: The Big Three. As a distributor, you know the bottom line erosion associated with having to carry additional safety inventory to keep everyone happy. Capital costs, storage costs, inventory service costs and risk costs all eat away at already thin margins. By giving you the data you need for more informed decisions, SaaS TMS delivers value in all four areas.
- Centralized control: The innovative true SaaS technology platform allows centralization of transportation procurement, planning and execution…and then order fulfillment, adherence to routing guide, benchmarking and KPI reporting.
- Ability to quickly navigate supply chain disruptions, mitigating bottlenecks and scaling quickly with new vendors
- Greater efficiencies: Transportation efficiencies enable an increase in loads managed and load density
- Reduced transportation spend based on improved carrier alignment, access to more qualified carriers and centralized purchasing
- Reduced inventory, increased turns and improved lead-time dependability
- Ability to quickly navigate supply chain disruptions
Centralized Command and Control
Wholesale-distribution organizations typically have multiple facilities that may be purchasing their own transportation. Managing transportation either manually or with disparate legacy systems is time-consuming and doesn’t leverage the overall corporate transportation spend. By centralizing transportation command and control, shippers are better positioned to control the overall flow of orders into and out of their facilities and are better able to extract savings while improving resource use.
Connecting suppliers, carriers, and warehouses with an embedded best-practice technology platform that provides visibility to all inbound, regardless of shipping terms, allows the capture of activity, volume, cost and service information to drive ongoing analysis and discussion. This approach allows for a data-driven engagement with internal and external partners, and provides the platform to ensure negotiated cost and service expectations are delivered. The combination of actionable data and visibility is the real driver for sustained improvement and increased control over transportation networks on the path to inbound transportation mastery.
Gain Visibility to Meet Customer Demands at Lower Costs
Because a SaaS TMS provides visibility across the entire network, shippers know not only the location of their shipments but also what inventory is in transit. With accessibility across all business partners and offices, inventory can be reduced to order level, knowing that order fulfillment is being met. All metrics relating to shipments are within one system, allowing benchmarking company performance. LeanTMS® uses real-time metrics for visibility into freight performance. Every transaction is invoiced and settled through LeanTMS automatically, without paper, reducing discrepancies. From a resource perspective, two team members were consolidated into one resource, freeing up the other resource for a more strategic transportation role.
By removing the opacity of the transportation network, shippers can determine the optimal carrier network. The ability to tender electronically, auto-match invoicing, and optimize loads can reduce administration requirements dramatically while maintaining or improving levels of customer service.
Automate Business Process
In addition to reducing administration costs, automation improves accuracy and instills enterprise-wide way of working. LeanTMS® eliminates many of the manual processes, such as interdepartmental faxing, calling and emailing carriers and suppliers. This collaborative network can access real-time information through the LeanTMS web interface.
Automation also includes:
- Waterfall load tendering technology, which automatically tenders loads to the next quality carrier
- Optimizing mode and routing of all shipments
- Management by exceptions, address issues as needed
- Load consolidation and optimization, carrier selection as well as capacity commitments
- Routing guide compliance
- WebSettle® audit and payment process
With LeanFleet®, distributors operating private or dedicated fleets can review lane and load efficiency options, implement tactical improvements and review in-depth reporting.
- Scales to handle any size volume, SKU configurations, fleet size and number of delivery points for private fleets
- Evaluates the exponential value of difference transportation scenarios to determine best moves while providing visibility into street-level routing and automatic route consolidation to keep assets running on the most efficient routes
- Improves fleet cost-per-mile performance and addresses asset sustainability while enhancing service levels. In addition, LeanFleet provides optimal scenarios for both the company and customer supporting a transportation philosophy of a service-first focus for dedicated assets
- Achieves lowest-cost optimization of assets while maintaining key service commitments, leading to reduced empty or inefficient miles
- Provides intangible savings, including administrative hours saved through use of self-optimizing route scenarios, risk mitigation through the elimination of human errors, and reduction of manpower
Connecting suppliers, carriers, and warehouses with an embedded best-practice technology platform such as SaaS TMS provides visibility to all activity, volume, cost and service information to drive out inefficiency and managing a leaner, more responsive supply chain. A data-driven engagement with internal and external partners is the catalyst for sustained improvement and increased control over inventory, transportation and customer service.